Ask IFAS Resources:
Information for Authors
This page is a compendium of resources for UF/IFAS Extension specialists and others who work on developing and managing EDIS articles, which comprise our collection of online numbered peer-reviewed Extension publications on the Ask IFAS website at https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu. They are co-published in at https://journals.flvc.org/edis in a journal format that is suitable for CVs, references lists, and similar academic citation purposes.
Resources for EDIS Authors
- EDIS Author Handbook May 2020 (3.2 MB PDF)
- Reporting EDIS Work for T, PS and P May 2022 (PDF)
- EDIS journal (OJS)
- ICS Recorded Training Sessions on Writing & EDIS
- Guidelines for EDIS authors when using AI Tools Jun 2023 (PDF)
- Developing Extension Publications for EDIS Mar 2018 (PDF)
- Best Management Practices for EDIS Publications Dec 2018 (PDF)
Statistics and Reporting
EDIS statistics are made available each year for an annual period running from November 16 of the previous year through November 15. With the launch of the Ask IFAS site, the statistics and reporting features were shifted to the EDIS Admin site, with availability planned for November after the 2021 data are available.
For the curious, historical traffic information is available now for individual publications. The admin site page for any publication is https://edis-admin.ifas.ufl.edu/publications/[DLN] where [DLN] is the DLN of the publication. You can navigate to this page from your contact dashboard or by looking up the publication on the Manage Publications page. Look for the blue "statistics" button in the upper right corner.
- Resources to help reach all target audiences effectively